Third-party Arma 3 developer Vertexmacht and publisher Bohemia Interactive are today releasing the fourth major content update for Arma 3 Creator DLC: Global Mobilization - Cold War Germany since its initial release in April 2019. Update 1.4 delivers 8 free new vehicles/vehicle variants, several additional multiplayer scenarios, together with various fixes and quality-of-life improvements to the DLC overall.
New content overview
- 8 new vehicles/vehicle variants:
- BrPz1 "Biber" (Bridgelayer/Combat Support Vehicle)
- M109 & M109G (Self-Propelled Howitzer)
- 2S1 (Self-Propelled Howitzer)
- SF2 LARS 2 (Multiple Launch Rocket System)
- BM-21 Grad (Multiple Launch Rocket System)
- 2P16 (Short Range Ballistic Missile)
- New 7t Truck variant (Flatbed)
- New 10t Truck variant (155mm Shell Transport)
- Additional highlights:
- Functioning bridge laying system integrated into the BrPz1 vehicle
- New co-op multiplayer scenario: "Ninjas"
- New "Warlords" MP scenario adaptations for the Weferlingen terrain
- A new module enabling Zeus Game Masters to change vehicle ammo loadouts
- A small photo camera (functions as binoculars) and West German Army sunglasses
- Various smaller ammo crate/pile scenery objects
- Various fixes and quality-of-life improvements
The full changelog for update 1.4 is ready for examination on the Bohemia forums. For an introduction to the new vehicles, you might also want to read the latest OPREP blog post by developer Vertexmacht
Additionally, Vertexmacht has published an Ask Me Anything (AMA) video where they answer 30 questions from the community. If you’re interested in the DLC’s development, why certain decisions were made, and how a two-man team is able to manage a massive project like this next to all their other responsibilities, then definitely check it out now or add it to your watchlist for later (spoiler: you need lots of spreadsheets!).
The Arma 3 Creator DLC: Global Mobilization - Cold War Germany is available for purchase on the Steam Store.
Creator DLC is a label for original Arma 3 projects made by third-party developers and published by Bohemia Interactive. It enables external talent to earn a financial reward for their work, while players get to enjoy more quality content. Find out more about this initiative at https://arma3.com/dlc/creator.