- 100 km² South Pacific island archipelago Tanoa
- New Syndikat faction, NATO & CSAT special forces, and Pacific expeditionary units
- 13 new weapons, new uniforms, headgear, backpacks, NVGs, weapon optics
10 new vehicles including new vehicle classes:
VTOL, LSV, and more
1-4 player co-op campaign supporting online
Walk, swim, drive, fly, and sail your way across 100 km² of South Pacific island terrain
Home to lush tropical vegetation, unique landmarks, a rich history, and imposing man-made feats of modern engineering, this 100 km² South Pacific archipelago is built to bolster authentic combat on a massive scale. Tanoa’s varied locations, such as the rainforests, volcano, shanty towns, sugar cane factory, and industrial port, cater to all scenario types. Whether it’s to conduct an all-out assault, a small-scale covert op, jungle warfare, or anything else suited to a South Pacific setting – Tanoa is the destination of choice. Your next adventure awaits.
WEAPONS & VEHICLES
Engage in authentic combat on a massive scale with new armed forces, weapons, and vehicles
Positioned as the primary opposing force, Syndikat is a local criminal organization with deep roots on Tanoa. Made up of armed thugs and ex-paramilitaries, this new faction is involved in many illicit operations throughout the region, carrying mostly ‘classic’ weaponry such as AKs, RPGs, and 9 mm pistols.
WEAPONS & GEAR
AKS-74U 5.45 mm Assault Rifle
The AKS-74U is basically a shortened AK-74, which enabled significant production savings. Like the
AK-74, this variant is also chambered in 5.45x39 mm, but its compact dimensions make it suitable for special forces, vehicle crews, police patrols, etcetera. However, the lower muzzle velocity makes the
AKS-74U effective up to around 400 meters only.
V-44 X Blackfish VTOL
The V-44 X Blackfish’ third-generation tilt-rotor VTOL (Vertical Take-Off and Landing) technology allows this long endurance aircraft to conveniently utilize a wide range of airfields and runways. It also provides unparalleled maneuverability with its unique ability to perform pylon turns or merely hover in place. The huge internal storage allows for transportation of vehicles up to the size and weight of AMV-7 Marshall APC in the vehicle transport variant or up to 32 fully armed soldiers with supplies in the infantry transport variant. The storage space of the gunship variant is fully occupied by automated weapon stations and carried ammunition.
Take on the role of a NATO CTRG special operator in the
1-4 player "Apex Protocol" co-op campaign
Connected to the events in the original Arma 3 "The East Wind" campaign, your team is sent to Tanoa in
order to prevent a humanitarian disaster, but you quickly find yourselves facing a far bigger threat
they bargained for. The co-op campaign consists of highly replayable missions, featuring a
drop-in/drop-out multiplayer structure, and the difficulty scaling up or down based on the number of players.
A selection of existing Arma 3 weapons and vehicles repainted in a South Pacific camo pattern
New environment assets and props for content creators
2 new End Game multiplayer scenarios and an End Game singleplayer Showcase scenario on Tanoa
A Tanoa Zeus Game Master scenario
New character appearances: Tanoan and Chinese
13 new Steam Achievements
New radio protocols: French, French-English, and Chinese
Arma 3 Apex official soundtrack
The Arma 3 Apex expansion is supported by major platform updates,
featuring a wide variety of new content, features, and enhancements.
These platform updates also apply to the base game and are free for all owners of Arma 3.
- Nexus Update – End Game, Spectator, Personal Protective Equipment, Stamina, Launcher Mod Dependencies
- Eden Update – Eden Editor, Combat Audio, Launcher-Based Server Browser, Fonts
- Visual Upgrade – overhauled lighting configuration, water reflections, fog improvements
- Environmental Audio – extended ambient configuration, positional ambient sounds
- Controls Presets – play using the new default "Arma 3 Apex" preset, or stick to the setup you're used to via "Arma 3"
- Weapon Switching – on-the-move, mappable actions, action menu streamlining
- Difficulty Overhaul – useful presets, consolidated options, explanatory texts and images
- Tasks Overhaul – updated 2D and 3D visualization, improved diary UX, better map interaction
- Targeting Improvements – commanding visualizations, crew communication, weapon systems and indicators, virtual targeting pods
- Respawn Menu – improved presentation of information, role selection UX
- Squad Communications – Line Drawing, Squad Radar*, Tactical Ping*, VON Improvements
- Vehicle-in-Vehicle Transport – transport suitable vehicles across large distances inside larger vehicles
- Limping – a more immersive representation of injured character legs
- Eden Editor Enhancements – compositions, bindable camera controls, Comment entities, drag & scale area entities, foliage toggle, environment preview, asset previews
- Launcher Upgrade – enhanced server browsing, better mod handling
- Quick Play – conveniently join a multiplayer session of your choice with limited user input
- Campaign Unification – conveniently join a multiplayer session of your choice with limited user input
- Optimizations – the 3 "The East Wind" episodes were merged into one
- Arma 3 Units – Launcher & Game integration*, Bohemia Account connections, member management
- Community – modding support, tools & samples updates, script commands, documentation
- And More
*This feature may come online post-release.