The Cold War hits 1980s northern Germany. Fight on an all-new 419 km2 terrain with 76 new vehicles and vehicle variants, 32 new weapons including weapon variants, and a ton of additional character assets. Play a 10-mission singleplayer campaign, or choose from 17 multiplayer scenarios available in both summer and snowy winter conditions.
Arma 3 players
Creator DLC is brand new additional content for Arma 3, which is made by third-party developers, and published by Bohemia Interactive. Our goal with Creator DLC is to provide more original quality content to players, create an opportunity for outside talent to earn a financial reward, while also making it possible for Bohemia to invest more into the Arma series' long-term future.
Arma 3 Creator DLC packs are fully developed by external developers who are not employed by Bohemia Interactive - also referred to as third-party developers.
Bohemia provides continuous feedback to the developers, assists with the Quality Assurance (testing) process, and offers legal, mastering, publishing, and promotional support.
While we realize that opinions on this will vary, we don't consider Arma 3 Creator DLC to be paid mods. We believe that these DLC packs would not have otherwise existed or be possible as mods of similar quality and scope. It's also important to note that Creator DLC will never replace something that what was available for free.
Creator DLC can include anything from terrains, vehicles, weapons, and gear, to playable content such as new scenarios or an entire campaign.
We've decided not to announce specific Creator DLC packs until they are ready to release. This is mainly because we want to be certain that what is announced is also what will be in the final package - or that it will even be possible to release the DLC at all.
The pricing of Creator DLC depends on the amount of content and/or level of detail. Please visit the store page of a DLC to see its exact price. For the future we're considering to define a set of fixed pricing tiers for Creator DLC that would help players get a clearer understanding of what to expect.
You can purchase Arma 3 Creator DLC on Steam or in the Bohemia Store - just like you would buy any regular Arma 3 DLC.
Regular Arma 3 DLC makes use of our Content Licensing system. This requires every Arma 3 player to have all DLC data installed, even if they do not own the DLC. The main benefit is that players who do not own certain content can still play together with those who do own the additional content. For Creator DLC we have decided to make it optional to have the DLC data installed. This is mainly to avoid that a regular Arma 3 installation would require a lot more additional hard-drive storage. The second reason is that a Creator DLC's theme or setting might be very different from regular Arma 3, and not everyone might want that to be visible in their game. To help mitigate this last point, we will also be updating the Arma 3 Launcher to make it possible to have Creator DLC installed on your PC, but also have the option to launch the game without particular Creator DLC packs loaded.
Unlike our official DLC, Creator DLC data are not present in a regular Arma 3 installation. This is to avoid regular Arma 3 installations requiring a lot more additional storage for those who do not own and have no interest in particular Creator DLC. The second reason is that a Creator DLC's theme or setting might be very different from regular Arma 3, and not everyone will want the content to be visible in their game.
To ensure multiplayer compatibility between owners and non-owners of Creator DLC, a compatibility data pack has been introduced. It is a Steam Workshop item which contains full Creator DLC data. Upon subscription, Creator DLC data will be added to user's base Arma 3 installation.
Localization will likely differ per Creator DLC. Please visit the store page of a Creator DLC pack to learn which languages are supported.
No, the free stand-alone Arma 3 Server tool app with a shrunk dataset will be available to server admins whether they own a particular Creator DLC or not (this may involve using Steam branches for that app).
Unlike official Arma 3 DLC, Arma 3 Creator DLC will not be made available for free to owners of the Arma 3 Supporter's Edition (note: this edition is also no longer on sale). On behalf of ourselves as well as our external Creator DLC developers, we thank you for your understanding and wonderful support!
It is possible for Creator DLC to receive post-release updates. However, please keep in mind that Creator DLC updates and potential hotfixes can take some more time to be released. This is because updates require thorough testing, and due to the general nature of external collaborations.
There are no set rules for who can sign up to become a Creator DLC developer, but we typically select those who have put together a strong pitch and prototype, and are able to demonstrate that they have the necessary expertise to successfully execute their idea within a reasonable amount of time. So far, most Creator DLC developers are people with professional experience in software development as well as a long-standing record of participating in the Arma modding community.
After you contact us at email@example.com, we will send you the application form and an overview of the development pipeline.
Due to the technological limitations of not being able to apply our Content Licensing system to multiplayer content (like scenarios), there is unfortunately no way for us to check if the user owns such content or not.
We cannot release any project with dependencies on mods or regular Arma 3 DLC.
No, unfortunately we do not have the resources to offer any development support.
Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with any licenses for third-party tools.
The net revenue generated by Creator DLC is split 50/50 between the developer and Bohemia Interactive. Please note that this is after a portion of the revenue generated from purchases goes to Valve as operator of Steam.
No, it's completely up to the third-party developer to pitch their idea for Creator DLC to us. We do aim to have a varied mix of content, which means it's unlikely for us to publish several Creator DLC packs with the same theme.
You can best contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and then we will inform you of what is required to include in your pitch.
Help us get the next update to Arma 3 Creator DLC in the best possible shape before release!
|CURRENT RC STATUS:||Unavailable|
Ahead of public main branch updates, we stage the build on a Creator DLC Release Candidate (RC) Steam branch for testing. This testing period typically lasts 1 to 2 weeks. Its goals are:
- To test incoming updates of Creator DLC publicly, before publishing them into the main branch.
- To discover potential issues in the broad and varied player base. This is complementary to our in-house testing.
- To give modders a chance to adjust their mods for Creator DLC.
- To stress test the multiplayer environment because this is where most issues appear.
- Do not use this branch unless you would like to participate testing or are otherwise interested in it. For regular players, we recommend staying on the default main branch.
- Even though RC builds go through in-house testing before being published, there might be broken components and serious issues present. The point of the build is to catch these issues before they are shipped to the public branch.
- Creator RC branch is not compatible with regular Arma 3 dev branch. It should be compatible with Arma 3 main branch, but this compatibility is not guaranteed.
- Mods / custom content may not be compatible with this branch.
- Steam client is limited to one branch being installed at a time, so switching branches involves re-downloading data.
- Expect update sizes to be very large. Be careful if you are on a slow and / or metered connection.
Opt into the Creator DLC RC branch in your Steam client:
- Right-click on Arma 3 in your Steam Library.
- Select Properties.
- Select the BETAS tab.
- Enter the beta access code: Arma3CreatorDLCRC
- Select creatordlcrc - Creator DLC Release Candidate Build from the drop-down list.
- Let the game update itself to the CDLC RC build.
- To ensure a valid build, consider verifying the integrity of the local game cache using Steam client.
Note: Creator DLC RC branch is also available for our Arma 3 Server application on Steam.
- The best place to report issues is our Feedback
- Here is a how-to guide.
- Be sure to select an appropriate Creator DLC project (so far, only Global Mobilization - Cold War Germany is available).
- Please mark your exact version number and usage of Creator RC Branch clearly.
- Please also try to replicate the issue in the actual public default main branch.
- Please prioritize reports on issues new to the RC branch build (not present in the actual main branch).
Thank you kindly for your help with making Arma 3 and Creator DLC better!