Publisher Bohemia Interactive and third-party developer Heavy Ordnance Works are thrilled to announce a major new Arma 3 Creator DLC: Spearhead 1944.
In this new Creator DLC, you will be a part of the US First Army’s advance as they attempt to break through the German lines. Take advantage of an array of US weaponry and equipment and traverse the fields and bocage of an all new Normandy terrain. Spearhead 1944 will offer a seven mission multiplayer co-op campaign, several official scenarios and game modes, and even more content creation opportunities with the Arma 3 scenario editor. Players will be introduced to the lesser known Operation Cobra - taking place 7 weeks after D-Day, with the US First Army attempting to break through the German lines around Saint-Lô. The Creator DLC will deliver an immersive and historic military sandbox experience on a scale not seen before in Arma 3.
Key features of the Spearhead 1944 Creator DLC include:
- Normandy Terrain - Explore 150 km² of unique terrain, based on real locations and topography of northwest France. An immersive environment to play the campaign and run missions. The terrain features flowing rivers, an airstrip, the destroyed city of Saint-Lô, wooded areas, fields with traditional French bocages and much more. Featuring new and unique buildings, ruins, objects and plants as well as dug in positions and light fortifications. Over 400 street signs aid players in navigating the vast road network. Explore the overgrown, well-defended landscape of Normandy, where every field is another potential bloody battle.
- 5 Playable Factions and Civilians - Featuring elements of the US Army, Free French, and German Forces equipped with their own uniforms and gear.
- 50+ Weapons and Grenades - Engage the enemy with detailed recreations of 1944 weaponry and a diverse arsenal of grenades and explosives.
- 40+ Vehicles & Static Weapons - Wage war in a range of transports and armored vehicles, such as the M18 Hellcat, M10 Wolverine, and Tiger I. You'll also be supported by a number of static weapons including trench variants, searchlight, and mortars.
- Uniforms and Other Gear - Equip yourself with more than 200 uniform variants, 60+ vest variants, 70+ backpack variants, and 150+ headgear variants alongside a bunch of accessories.
- Multiplayer Co-op Campaign - Seven co-op missions, fully voiced and highly replayable for up to 24 players, inspired by the real events of Operation Cobra, revealing the significance to liberated Europe and covering key milestones such as the liberation of Saint Gilles and the defense of Saint Denis-le-Gast
- 6 Multiplayer Scenarios - Play six new scenarios in Arma 3's official Combat Patrol, Escape, Warlords, and Zeus game modes with various upgrades, additions, faction selection, and automatic support for WW2 mods.
- Singleplayer/Co-op Scenario: Der Zahnarzt - Members of the French Resistance were ordered by the SOE to eliminate Standartenführer Konrad Dentist Hoffmann at the occupied Château near Marigny.
- US Faction Showcase - Become familiar with the Allied arsenal and help push through Normandy during Operation Cobra.
- German Faction Showcase - Build defenses and assist the retreating forces.
- Sounds & Effects - Experience immersive audio designed to accurately reproduce the sounds of a World War 2 battlefield: Incoming projectiles, shell ricochets and interior hit sounds, plane fly-by sounds, bullet cracks, explosions, call-in radio requests and the desperation of surrendering soldiers, cries of the wounded and the dying.
- Music - A custom and atmospheric soundtrack, specifically selected to transport you to 1944.
- Additional Content - Spearhead 1944 is complemented by a number of modules and various objects that can be used when the CDLC is loaded. These include custom systems to increase immersion (i.e. ambient war sounds, illumination flares, ordnance and artillery barrage, custom HUD for vehicles), to expand gameplay and tactical options (i.e. enhanced revive, indirect fire support, surrendering, bolt action rifles, extended reload animations, bayonets, open bolt hipfire, wall avoidance, realistic tank penetration, deflection and destruction), AI behavior (i.e. revive for AI, targeting and weapons management in tanks by AI a gunner/commander, custom difficulty adjustment system) and more.
The Arma 3 Creator DLC: Spearhead 1944 is scheduled for release later this year and will be priced at $17.99 USD (€17.99EUR / £14.99 GBP). The precise release date will be shared at a later time. To be notified of Spearhead 1944's release, you can also add the CDLC to your Steam wishlist via the store page.
In addition, on the day of the full release of the CDLC, Heavy Ordnance Works will publish a compatibility data pack for non-owners to the Arma 3 Steam Workshop. Subscribing to this Workshop item will allow those who do not own Spearhead 1944 to still play on multiplayer servers that use the assets from the CDLC. It will also allow people to view the new Normandy terrain in Eden Editor in camera mode and inspect the assets in the Arsenal in-game before purchasing. However, playing on the CDLC's premium Normandy terrain and access to the campaign and mission scenarios will remain exclusive to the owners of the Spearhead 1944 CDLC. Restrictions on in-game use of CDLC assets by non-owners also apply. More information can be found on the Community Wiki.
Creator DLC is a label for original Arma 3 projects made by third-party developers and published by Bohemia Interactive. This program enables external talent to earn a financial reward for their work, while players get to enjoy more new quality content. So far, four other Creator DLC projects have been released: Global Mobilization - Cold War Germany (April 2019), S.O.G. Prairie Fire (May 2021), CSLA Iron Curtain (June 2021), and Western Sahara (November 2021).
To learn more about the Arma 3 Creator DLC initiative, and to find answers to some of the most Frequently Asked Questions, please visit https://arma3.com/dlc/creator. For all the latest Arma 3 news, be sure to like the game's official Facebook page, follow our Twitter account, subscribe to the Arma Platform YouTube channel, and join the Arma 3 Steam Community.